The "Greatest Spectacle in Racing" returns to Indianapolis Motor Speedway on Sunday for the 107th running of the Indy 500 as IndyCar drivers chase their dreams of taking the checkered flag, drinking the celebratory milk and kissing the famous yard of bricks.
Nine former winners and four rookies are among the 33-car, 11-row field that will take the green flag, including 2021 winner Helio Castroneves, who could become the first driver to win the Indianapolis 500 five times.
Pole winner Alex Palou recorded the fastest pole speed in race history at 234.217 mph last weekend, and the field average of 232.184 mph is the fastest all time in a race that began way back in 1911.
Here is all the information you need to get ready for the 2023 Indianapolis 500:
DANICA PATRICK: Picks her 2023 Indy 500 favorites and sleeper to win
LEGIT THREAT: Fast and charming Santino Ferrucci just might win Indy 500
GRAHAM RAHAL: Will sub for Stefan Wilson, who fractured vertebrae in crash, at Indy 500What time does the 2023 Indy 500 start?
The command to start engines is scheduled for 12:38 p.m. ET, with the green flag scheduled to wave at 12:45 p.m. ET.What TV network is televising the 2023 Indy 500?
NBC is broadcasting the event and will have a pre-race show beginning at 11 a.m. ET.Will there be a live stream of the 2023 Indy 500?
The race will be streamed on NBCSports.com (must have TV provider) and the NBC Sports app.What is the race distance of the Indy 500?
The Indy 500 is 200 laps around the 2.5-mile Indianapolis Motor Speedway for a total of 500 miles.Who is the honorary starter for the 2023 Indy 500?
Actor Adam Driver, a two-time Academy Award nominee, four-time Emmy Award nominee and a 2019 Tony Award nominee, perhaps most well-known for playing Kylo Ren in three "Star Wars" movies, will wave the green flag on Sunday.Who is singing the national anthem at the 2023 Indy 500?
Singer/songwriter Jewel, a four-time Grammy Award nominee, is scheduled to perform the national anthem at 12:24 p.m. ET.Who is the grand marshal for the 2023 Indy 500?
Actress Stephanie Beatriz, best known as the star of Disney's "Encanto" and NBC comedy "Brooklyn Nine-Nine," will tell drivers to report to their cars as part of the pre-race ceremonies.Who won last year's Indy 500?
Marcus Ericsson won the 106th running of the Indianapolis 500, topping Pato O'Ward and 2013 winner Tony Kanaan to become the second driver from Sweden (after Kenny Brack) to win the Indy 500.What is the lineup for the 2023 Indy 500?
Start position (car number in parentheses), car make and team (R-rookie; W-Indy 500 winner)
1. (10) Alex Palou, Honda, Chip Ganassi Racing
2. (21) Rinus VeeKay, Chevrolet, Ed Carpenter Racing
3. (6) Felix Rosenqvist, Chevrolet, Arrow McLaren
4. (14) Santino Ferrucci, Chevrolet, AJ Foyt Racing
5. (5) Pato O'Ward, Chevrolet, Arrow McLaren
6. (9) Scott Dixon (W), Honda, Chip Ganassi Racing
7. (7) Alexander Rossi (W), Chevrolet, Arrow McLaren
8. (11) Takuma Sato (W), Honda, Chip Ganassi Racing
9. (66) Tony Kanaan (W), Chevrolet, Arrow McLaren
10. (8) Marcus Ericsson (W), Honda, Chip Ganassi Racing
11. (55) Benjamin Pedersen (R), Chevrolet, AJ Foyt Racing
12. (12) Will Power (W), Chevrolet, Team Penske
13. (33) Ed Carpenter, Chevrolet, Ed Carpenter Racing
14. (3) Scott McLaughlin, Chevrolet, Team Penske
15. (27) Kyle Kirkwood, Honda, Andretti Autosport
16. (20) Conor Daly, Chevrolet, Ed Carpenter Racing
17. (2) Josef Newgarden, Chevrolet, Team Penske
18. (23) Ryan Hunter-Reay (W), Chevrolet, Dreyer & Reinbold Racing
19. (28) Romain Grosjean, Honda, Andretti Autosport
20. (06) Helio Castroneves (W), Honda, Meyer Shank Racing
21. (26) Colton Herta, Honda, Andretti Autosport
22. (60) Simon Pagenaud (W), Honda, Meyer Shank Racing
23. (18) David Malukas, Honda, Dale Coyne Racing
24. (98) Marco Andretti, Honda, Andretti Autosport
25. (29) Devlin DeFrancesco, Honda, Andretti Autosport
26. (78) Agustin Canapino (R), Chevrolet, Juncos Hollinger Racing
27. (77) Callum Ilott, Chevrolet, Juncos Hollinger Racing
28. (50) R.C. Enerson (R), Chevrolet, Abel Motorsports
29. (44) Katherine Legge, Honda, Rahal Letterman Lanigan Racing
30. (45) Christian Lundgaard, Honda, Rahal Letterman Lanigan Racing
31. (51) Sting Ray Robb (R), Honda, Dale Coyne Racing
32. (30) Jack Harvey, Honda, Rahal Letterman Lanigan Racing
33. (24) Graham Rahal, Chevrolet, Dreyer & Reinbold Racing
— Rahal is replacing Stefan Wilson, who had qualified 25th but suffered a fractured vertebrae in a post-qualifying crash.FacebookTwitterEmail